Associate Wedding Planner
Contract/1099 Position, Colorado Springs, CO.
Rate: $25- $80 Per Hour, Per Event + Tips
About Us: We offer Full-Service Planning, Design, Production, Florals & Décor for Weddings and Events throughout the state of Colorado. We are known for our 5-Star approach, high level of professionalism, exceptional organization skills, and our all-inclusive approach to event planning and production.
Our clients can book us to produce their entire event or for individual services as needed. Please check out our website to learn more about what we offer: www.kae-weddings.com and feel free to ask any questions along the way!
About the Work: There are three parts to every event that we produce. Phase 1 includes onboarding our clients into our portal, assisting them with various tasks related to making progress with their wedding and so on. Phase 2 includes ordering all of the supplies, creating a master playbook for their event, securing staff members and more. Phase 3 includes actually producing their wedding, running the entire playbook and ensuring a successful experience for all.
About the Role: Our Associate Planner will be brought in on each assigned event between Phases 2 & 3 to help produce each wedding they have been assigned to. You will be working directly under our Lead Wedding Overseer (who will provide you with 95% of the information you will need in advance to produce each event successfully and according to each client's expectations) You will also assist the clients, guests, other vendors and KAE team members on the day of each assigned event as requested and required. You will remain on site the entire scheduled time and ensure that everything goes according to plan (or is adjusted and handled appropriately).
Ideal Candidate: We are looking for someone between the ages of 25-35 years old who is both friendly and sociable yet hardworking and level-headed!
Our ideal candidate already has a primary source of income and is only looking for supplementary part-time, seasonal work that can be done remotely and on select weekends, June-October.
Our ideal candidate will not have prior professional wedding planning experience, does not operate their own wedding planning or event business, and is not interested in doing so. This allows us to keep the industry lines clear and train fresh minds for our specific style of work in our specific demographic ;).
We do want someone who is used to working in a hospitality environment, has administrative experience and has worked in management in some capacity for some time.
- 1-2 Years minimum experience in a Management or Supervisor role
- 3 Years minimum experience in a fast-paced Hospitality environment
- 1-2 Years minimum experience working in a Corporate/Office environment (remote or in person)
- Ability to work quickly yet efficiently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional people skills
- Ability to listen to and apply specific direction
- Ability to manage a large list of details while keeping the big picture in mind
- Ability to communicate clearly to others verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to lead and direct others while remaining kind, calm and professional, especially under stress
- Ability to work diligently at all times while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize moving tasks and situations as they arise
- Ability to think creatively and improvise when challenges arise
- Ability to stand/be moving for long periods of time
- Must be in good physical health, mental health and have strong overall mobility
- Ability to travel to and from each assigned event as needed
- Use of personal vehicle is required.
- Access to a personal computer is required
- Remote work as needed M-F
- On-site, most Fridays/Saturdays as needed, June-October.
- Schedule provided 4-12 months in advance.
KAE maintains a non-smoking, drug-free environment. Please do not apply if you smoke or use substances regularly, including vaping.
To apply, please submit a Cover Letter & Resume to email@example.com by 1/1/24.